Let’s face it, maintaining a professional social network presence is not easy work and on top of our already busy schedules doing it alone is often out of the question. From this arises the need to allow multiple trusted individuals to represent the company.
Thankfully, LinkedIn has made this really easy. Just follow these steps:
- Sign into LinkedIn
- Hover your mouse over the Companies link at the top of the page
- From the drop down menu, click on your company’s name.
- This will take you to your company’s profile page. Towards the top right portion of the body of the page you will see a blue button titled Admin tools. Here is an image of where to find the admin tools button.
- When you click on this button you will get a few options. Select Edit.
- This is where you can add new users and you have two options
- Allow all employees with a valid email registered to the company domain (your call) I don’t like that option… OR
- Designated users only (that’s my pick)… and the one I’d like for my clients to select.
- Once you’ve selected the Designated users only option, right below it you will see a space where you can type the names of the individuals you want as admins. You should only need to enter the first few letters of their name to have them pop up as an option. If you don’t see them in your list, remember, that you must be connected to someone before you can make them an admin.
- Once you’ve added your team to the Admin panel just click the Publish button located at the upper right hand side of the screen.
- That’s it!